|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Practical, Everyday Applications Of FMLA For Your Workplace
It's been over a decade since the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 was passed by Congress. Unfortunately, the confusion that surrounded the law in the beginning has only deepened through the years. Court decisions and opinions by the Department of Labor (DOL) — which issues the operational regulations — have muddied the waters and made human resources personnel unsure about what to do.
Some make mistakes that cost their organizations plenty. Others stick their heads in the sand and hope for the best. Still others endure sleepless nights and worry constantly because they know the stakes are extremely high and the opportunities for error practically endless.
Make no mistake: FMLA does NOT stand for "Friendly Medical Leave Act." In fact, it's anything but.
Consider What These Cases Taught:
- Saroli vs. Automation & Modular Components, Inc. —It is extremely costly to only grudgingly honor an employee's right to leave and to maintain a corporate culture that treads on employees' rights.
- Smith vs. K&F Industries, Inc. — There ARE circumstances in which organizations with fewer than 15 employees can be liable under FMLA.
- Spangler vs. Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines — Even a conversational, casual reference to a recurring medical condition can constitute a request for FMLA leave.
These examples go on and on — and that's why HR personnel and managers can't afford to assume that what they think they know about FMLA is true. Attend this seminar and get the practical, applied facts that will keep your company out of trouble.
FMLA Compliance — Seminar Overview
- How the FMLA is interpreted by today's courts — what the law really says
- The best way to coordinate your FMLA policy with other leave policies, such as vacation and sick leave to avoid confusing overlap
- Choices you can make about FMLA now that will prevent problems in the future
- How FMLA can work to your advantage, how it can quickly turn against you, and how it can get downright brutal if you're not careful!
- What to do about employees who abuse FMLA
- Employers beware: Recent court cases tell us to act with caution when it comes to FMLA
- The latest developments in FMLA regulations — what they are and how they affect you
- The most common misunderstandings about FMLA, and how they can get you into trouble
- Paperwork and the FMLA — the unusual and specific ways it must be completed
- What to do when you think an employee is "faking it"
- The terrible triangle: guidelines for untangling leave and disability issues that involve FMLA, ADA, and workers' compensation
- How to resolve dilemmas regarding pregnancy and maternity/paternity leave
Don't wait; Order today!
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|FMLA Compliance||SPOKANE, WA||3/1/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||KENNEWICK, WA||3/2/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||YAKIMA, WA||3/3/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||ANAHEIM, CA||3/6/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||VENTURA, CA||3/7/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||LONG BEACH, CA||3/8/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||HONOLULU, HI||3/10/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||FORT LAUDERDALE, FL||3/21/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||SARASOTA, FL||3/22/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||TAMPA, FL||3/23/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||ORLANDO, FL||3/24/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||LAS VEGAS, NV||3/27/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||HUNTSVILLE, AL||3/27/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||ONTARIO, CA||3/28/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||INDEPENDENCE, OH||3/28/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||BIRMINGHAM, AL||3/28/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||AKRON, OH||3/29/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||CARLSBAD, CA||3/29/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||COLUMBUS, OH||3/30/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||SAN DIEGO, CA||3/30/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||CINCINNATI, OH||3/31/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||POUGHKEEPSIE, NY||4/3/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||PARSIPPANY, NJ||4/4/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||NEW YORK, NY||4/5/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||EDISON, NJ||4/6/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||HAUPPAUGE, NY||4/7/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||FAYETTEVILLE, AR||5/15/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||LITTLE ROCK, AR||5/16/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||MEMPHIS, TN||5/17/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||NASHVILLE, TN||5/18/2017|
|FMLA Compliance||CHATTANOOGA, TN||5/19/2017||
How To Keep HR From Being The Employee Complaint Department
How To Get Your Managers To Cooperate With HR
9 Ways To Spot, Handle, and Reduce Workers′ Comp Fraud
Certificate Program In FMLA &ADA Compliance
Reasonable Or Unreasonable Accommodation? How To Identify Disabilities And Handle Employee Issues - Without Violating The ADA
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Certificate Program For HR Generalists
Service Animals In The Workplace: What You Need To Know
Internal Investigations Certificate Program
How To Communicate With Tact And Professionalism
Dealing with Difficult People
Dress Code Policy Do′s and Don′ts
How to Supervise People Seminar