About This Course:
Who leaps buildings in a single bound? Who is doing it all without getting the respect shown to many? The lone person in the one-stop HR department - that's who.
A one-person HR shop is all things to all employees and managers, so they need to know a lot about a lot and they also need to know when to stop and seek advice.What You'll Learn:
If you run a one-person HR department, this training session will help you develop a plan to prioritize the operational, compliance, and people needs of your business, including:
Need Additional Training?
- How to recognize the most common legal pitfalls that cause legal problems
- What to do if an employee brings you news of harassing or discriminatory behavior
- What to do when an employee has an accident - even if it seems minor
- What to do when an employee is struggling to do their job
- How being "nice" can come back to hurt your own job
- How to recognize when it may be an FMLA request vs. "just being sick"
- How to refer employees to the EAP without making the situation worse
- Maintaining your line of authority
- How to get new employees off to a good start fast
- How to give and get effective feedback
- The 10 things good documentation contains
Try our Certificate Program For HR Generalists
seminar, which is taught in cities across the country. For more details or to register, go to http://HRTrainingCenter.com/Certificate-Program-For-HR-Generalists/Classroom-Course